VIN Inspection

Crime Tipline  1-877-CRIME-82


Russell SO Header
Web Design

The Russell County Sheriff’s Office serves the community in performing VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) Inspections.  This service is for people who have purchased a vehicle with an out of state title.  In order for a vehicle owner to get a Kansas title they need to have an inspection done by the Kansas Highway Patrol or the Sheriff’s office. 

The Russell County Sheriff’s Office can perform this service for VIN Inspections or Corrections, But Only KHP can perform NON Highway Titles or Assignments.

In order to to accomplish this you must have the following:

1. Your title ( for title holding states they must have the holder fax a copy to the Sheriff’s Office at (785) 483-3681)

2. Your Drivers License

3. The vehicle where it can be physically inspected

4. $15.00 dollars in cash or a check can be accepted made out to the Russell County Sheriff’s Office.

For other inquires or to make an appointment please contact the Sheriff’s Office at (785) 483-2151

[Home] [About Us] [Records] [Accident Reports] [Offense Reports] [VIN Inspection] [Complaints] [Contact Us] [Divisions] [FAQ] [Employment] [Press Releases] [Links]